AOL Desktop Gold is an all-in-one desktop that offers customers a bundle of services including emailing, internet browsing, and content searching with premium security features. This hi-level protection ensures that no cyber criminal can attack your device and steal your data. AOL Desktop Gold comes up with automatic updates to make sure you never miss out on the latest features.
It needs Windows 7 or above versions to AOL Desktop Gold download and install. For the first 30-days, you can enjoy using this program for free. However, post a 30-days trial period, you need to buy its subscription. Steps to download AOL Desktop Gold depends if you are an AOL advantage plan member, using an AOL desktop Gold trial or subscription, or have received an official AOL signup confirmation email.
Whichever among these three methods you proceed with for the download, you have to perform the AOL Desktop Gold install process to continue. Once both the processes are performed successfully, you can make the most of this AOL’s special program. If at any point, your AOL Desktop Gold stops functioning or you want to switch to a new computer system, then there are two processes you have to execute:
- Un-installation of AOL Desktop Gold
To uninstall, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Start menu
- Open Control Panel
- Choose All Programs or Programs and Features
- From the list of programs, find AOL Desktop Gold
- Right-click on it and select uninstall from the drop-down menu
- Wait until the process finishes!
- Reinstallation of AOL Desktop Gold
For the re-installation, you need to perform the download and installation steps all over again. These are the steps right after you complete AOL Desktop Gold download process:
- Open My Computer and find the Downloads folder
- You can also open File Explorer icon on your desktop and then search for the Downloads folder
- Here, you will find Install_AOL_Desktop icon
- Double-click it and then choose Run from the pop-up window
- Click Install now
- Wait until the process completes
During download, installation, uninstallation, or reinstallation, if you experience any difficulty, then feel free to reach out AOL Desktop Gold support team. You will be provided with the most straightforward steps to get rid of the error. Hope the information was useful!