AOL Desktop Gold is a specialized software program that has high speed and security, automatic update feature, and enables a smooth transition from the previous version. When you upgrade from AOL Desktop to AOL Desktop Gold, all your usernames, passwords, icons, contacts, toolbars, and mail will be transferred automatically.
If you already are an AOL member, then you don’t need to pay anything extra to get this software as it comes up as a part of your membership. On the contrary, if you are new to America Online (AOL), then it is mandatory to execute AOL Desktop Gold download, and AOL Desktop Gold install process. Here, you will get complete instructions to perform both these processes smoothly:
(Before initiating the download process, make sure your system has a free storage space of 512 MB, 1 GB RAM, 266 MHz or above processor)
Steps to AOL Desktop Gold download process
As you are a new user, get the AOL membership first by visiting AOL Desktop Gold website. Now, sign up for an AOL account and get enrolled into the premium membership, which will give you access to all the features and functionalities, this specialized desktop software has.
For the registration, you will be asked to provide an email address (if you don’t have any email yet, then you can create the same with AOL), your name and a few other details. In addition to this, set a strong and secure password for your AOL account by reading the password guidelines listed there.
After the process finishes, steps to download and install AOL Gold Desktop are the same for both the users. Here are the same:
- Log in to your AOL account
- Go to My Accounts and then My Services
- Choose Subscriptions, and then click Get Started button available under AOL Desktop Gold
- Proceed to the installation process after this process completes
Steps to install AOL Desktop Gold
- Locate the downloaded AOL file from your web browser’s downloads history or your system’s downloads folder
- Double-click the file (Install_AOL_Desktop icon) to run
- Hit the Install now button
- Follow further prompts to complete the process
How can you avoid AOL Desktop Gold download errors?
Many AOL users have often complained that the AOL Desktop Gold download stopped in the middle, the process didn’t begin and other errors. If you want to prevent such errors, check out the below-mentioned tips:
- Make sure your system has sufficient storage space
- Make sure your system is connected to an uninterrupted internet connection
- Don’t forget to check the specifications your system should meet to download AOL Gold Desktop
- If the antivirus installed on your device interrupts the AOL Desktop Gold install or download process, then disable it for a while and then try to execute the steps. (Don’t forget to enable the same after finishing the process)
- If you have downloaded the same program previously and reinstalling it for some reasons, then make sure the previous one is uninstalled properly.
For further assistance or query, contact AOL Desktop Gold customer support team and receive immediate response from a certified and experienced technician.