If you are looking for the most viable solution to AOL Desktop Gold freeze issue, then you have landed to the right place. Here, in this article, we have provided the easiest steps to get rid of this problem without taking help from an expert. Before moving to the possible solutions, make the following key checks:
- Restart your computer system and close the unwanted programs running in the background.
- Get a good antivirus for your system. If there is already one, then initiate the scanning process to remove Trojan horses, viruses, and other worms.
- Make sure the internet connection is stable
Now try the below-given fixes:
Solution 1- Run your system in compatibility mode for AOL Gold download
It might happen that the AOL Gold Desktop version installed on your device is old. Therefore, uninstall the previous version and get the latest one by running your device in compatibility mode. Downloading process will remain the same as you have executed before.
Solution 2- Update AOL Desktop Gold
Every new update comes up with new features and bug fixes. Therefore, updating your AOL Gold Desktop may help you throw this issue away. Generally, this desktop software automatically fetches up these updates, but it may fail to do so. Hence, go to the settings and check if there is an update available or not. Take action accordingly!
Solution 3- Reinstall your AOL Desktop Gold
The freeze issue can occur if any of the files of the AOL Desktop Gold software gets corrupted. To fix this up, uninstall and then reinstall the software by following these instructions:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Open All Programs or Programs
- Search for AOL Desktop Gold
- Right-click on it, and choose uninstall from the drop-down menu
- Now, wait until this process completes
Steps for reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold
- Download AOL Desktop Gold from its website
- Run the downloaded file to install
- Follow onscreen prompts to finish the process
You can now use AOL Desktop Gold without any hassle.
Solution 4- Clear browser history, cookies, and cache memory
Sometimes cookies and cache memory can cause the software to behave abnormally. Therefore, clear your web browser’s history, cookies, and cache memory. Moreover, it would also be good if you remove the temporary and junk files from your system.
If the error persists, feel free to contact AOL Desktop Gold support team. You will be provided with an assured fix for this problem.