Using AOL mail for personal and professional use? Using AOL browser for surfing through the web? How about accessing them both as well as other AOL services at one place? Sounds Good! Well, AOL brings you all a faster and secure place i.e., AOL Desktop Gold, to make you roam around the AOL world seamlessly.
The best part of this desktop software is that you don’t have to pay anything extra for it if you already have the AOL Advantage Plan membership. Some of the key features of this software include hi-speed, top-level security, enhanced encryption, easy transition from the preceding version, and automatic updates.
Like any other software, you might experience different technical bugs while using the software or during the AOL Desktop Gold download. AOL won’t open is one such common issues that often trouble the users. It occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- If the software was not downloaded or installed properly
- If any of the AOL gold download or installation file gets corrupted
- If this desktop software conflicts with some other software installed on your device
- If your system gets infected by any virus or malware
- If your hard drive is damaged due to any reason
Whatever the reason is, it needs to be fixed before it affects your work productivity. To fix the AOL won’t open issue, you can do the following:
- Run a thorough anti-virus scan to find out and fix the viruses, if any
- Make sure your computer system meets all the requirements needed for the smooth download, installation, and then functioning of the AOL Desktop Gold
- Turn off the antivirus and Windows Firewall for a while and then try to open AOL Desktop Gold
- Clear your browser’s cache memory
- Make sure your internet connection is stable
- Stop any ongoing process such as downloading of any file for a while
- If none of the aforementioned fixes work in your favor, then uninstall the software by visiting the Windows Control Panel, and reinstall it by following the stepwise instructions
After implementing the aforementioned resolutions, if the issue persists, then reach out to the AOL customer support team. The team of technicians can be contacted by dialing the AOL support number, which remains active all day long. Call now and get an assured fix in no time.