AOL Desktop Gold is popular desktop software designed and developed specifically for those who want to do internet browsing, content, searching, emailing, and more at one place. It comes up with the first-class security features that protect your AOL account from all kinds of cyber threats. This software may already be a part of your plan if you are an AOL Advantage member. If not, then you have to purchase its subscription from AOL Desktop Gold website. The next step is to download and install AOL Desktop Gold. For accomplishing these two processes successfully, make sure your system meets the required specifications.
Other processes associated with AOL Desktop Gold reinstall, AOL Desktop uninstall, etc. Before checking out the steps for reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold, make a quick read over the reasons that demand you to perform AOL Desktop Gold reinstall process.
Purchased a new device
The first and probably, the most common reason is when you purchase a new device and want your old AOL Desktop Gold subscription to be installed on it. In this case, what you will have to do is uninstall the desktop software from your previous device, which is no longer in use now, and install AOL Desktop Gold on the new one.
Any of the AOL Desktop Gold files gets corrupted
If all of a sudden your AOL Desktop Gold software stops functioning or functions improperly, then reinstalling the software is the only solution, you are left with. In this case, the first process you will need to perform is the un-installation and then re-installation.
Unable to update AOL Desktop Gold
Implementing new updates is necessary to access the latest features and get auto bug fixes. But if you are not able to do so, then reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold is the only way out. Yes, you read that right; firstly, uninstall the previous version of the software and reinstall the same by following step wise instructions provided here.
Now, re-installation of this AOL Desktop Gold software cannot be performed until you remove or uninstall the AOL Desktop Gold download install version. Here are the steps for the same:
How to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold?
- Go to the Start Menu and from the list of programs and applications, search Control Panel
- You can also do the same by typing Control Panel in the Run window (Press “Windows+R” key to open the window)
- Here, you will see All Programs or Programs
- Under this category, click on Add or Remove Programs
- You will now see the list of all applications and programs installed on your computer system
- Search AOL Desktop Gold and right-click on it
- From the drop-down menu, choose Uninstall
- Make sure you have administrative rights to do so
- Wait until the process finishes!
How to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold?
Perform the AOL Desktop Gold download process. Once the setup downloads, follow these steps for the re-installation process:
- Open your web browser’s downloads history or Downloads folder on your system
- You will see Install_AOL_Desktop_Icon
- Double-click this icon and then click Run
- Hit the Install Now button and follow further prompts to finish the process
For more information on AOL Desktop Gold download install or AOL Desktop Gold reinstall, contact a support professional. You will be given immediate assistance and an assured fix.